Half Day City Bike Tour
Many say a bike tour is the best way to explore Berlin. And this is the all-in-one tour that will show you why! See the historical city center along the boulevard Unter den Linden and ride through the government quarter with the landmark buildings Reichstag and Chancellery. Walk through Brandenburg Gate as every visitor of the city should. See where Hitler committed suicide and Himmler organized Nazi crimes. Follow the trail along the former border between East and West, see original remains of the Wall and Checkpoint Charlie – and enjoy the fresh air and the fun of a bike tour!
- Private tour
- Local tour guide
- Including bike rental
- Coverage of all main sights of Berlin
Date and time:
Tours are offered between March and November
Meeting and Ending Point:
Television Tower at Alexanderplatz
English, German, other languages upon request
Prices (incl. all taxes):
Small groups of up to 9 travelers € 149 per group
Groups of 10 or more travelers € 15 per person
Groups of 20 or more travelers € 12 per person
Groups of 40 or more travelers: please request an offer
Plus bike rental € 7 per person.
Offer and Booking:
Book the tour online using the yellow „Book now“ button on this page. For questions or to receive an individual offer with price and tour suggestion use the contact form on this page or simply call us at +49-30-220 11 88 89 (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time).
In case of heavy raining the tour will take place by foot. Cancellations and changes – including a change of the number of participants – are free of charge, provided that they are made not later than 48 hours before the start of the tour – payments alread made will be reimbursed. If you have your own bikes, the tour may start at your hotel or at any other central location in Berlin and no bike rentals will be charged.
Bikes and seats for children available if needed – please notify us at time of booking. Helmets are available at the meeting point free of charge, subject to availability. If there are more than 19 people, the group will be split and a second guide will be assigned at no extra charge. The tour can be customized according to your individual needs.
The tour starts at Alexanderplatz at the foot of the TV Tower which is impossible to miss: It is Germany´s highest structure. There you will meet the guide and receive your bikes. The guide will give you a short safety introduction, and off you go: You will start in the old town with the palaces of Prussian kings and princes, see Museum Island and Berlin Cathedral. From there you proceed to see Germany´s center of power with the seats of the parliament and the government. You will follow the traces of Berlin´s dramatic 20th century history, pass Holocaust Memorial, Checkpoint Charlie and remains of the wall and ride along a stretch of the former death strip. See the in-scene district of Kreuzberg with its multicultural flair where alternative lifestyles flourished in the shadow of the wall. When you cross Spree river and ride back to the TV Tower you will certainly understand why only one third of Berliners have their own car!
During this tour you will see:
- the hustle and bustle on Alexanderplatz with its famous TV Tower li>
- Unter den Linden with the State Opera, Berlin Cathedral and Berlin´s oldest university li>
- Museum Island, treasures bearing witness to 5000 years of human history li>
- Former border checkpoint at train station Friedrichstrasse li>
- the government quarter with the Chancellery and the Reichstag li>
- Brandenburg Gate, a symbol of Berlin and the German reunification li>
- Holocaust Memorial and site of Hitler´s bunker li>
- Potsdamer Platz – a new city center built by a team of international star architects li>
- Checkpoint Charlie, a landmark of the Cold War li>
- Kreuzberg, the legendary party district with its unconventional street life li>
- Nicholas Quarter, the oldest part of Berlin li>