Cold War Tour
Where was the Berlin Wall? Where was the headquarter of the GDR’s Secret Police? What did it mean to live in a divided city? These and many more questions will be answered by our guide on a tour through former East Berlin and along the former death strip. The tour focuses not only on the past bus also on the trendy culture that arose around the former GDR and Cold War – such as the tourist hot spot around the former Checkpoint Charlie.
- Private tour
- Tour by coach or minivan
- Free hotel pickup
- Local tour guide
At your hotel or any other location in Berlin
English, German, other languages upon request
Prices (incl. all taxes):
Local guide only for a tour in your own coach:
€ 129 per guide
Tour with local guide in a minivan or coach:
prices per group
1 – 7 travelers in a minivan € 190
8 – 36 travelers in a coach € 390
37 travelers and more: please request offer
Offer and booking:
Book the tour online using the yellow “Book now” button on this page. For questions or to receive an individual offer with price and tour suggestion use the contact form on this page or simply call us at +49-30-220 11 88 89 (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time).
The tour can be customized according to your individual needs and your preferred meeting and ending point.
For up to 7 travelers the tour is in minivan with driver and guide. For larger groups modern coaches are used. If you arrive to Berlin in your own coach book the local guide only.
The historic center of Berlin was also the center of East Berlin, especially the post-war “socialist capital center” around Alexanderplatz and Stalinallee. Get insights into everyday life in the GDR on our special theme tour, see typical buildings, streets and squares with remaining works of art from the GDR era as well as remnants of the Berlin Wall.
On this tour you will see, among other things:
- Karl-Marx-Allee (formerly Stalinallee) – once proud socialist boulevard but also starting point of the uprising of June 17, 1953 li>
- Socialist facade art as at the “Teacher’s House” or at the former Café Moskau with a replica of the Sputnik satellite li>
- Checkpoint Charlie and the Wall Museum li>
- Berlin Wall Memorial on Bernauer Strasse with the remains of the Wall and the death strip li>
- East Side Gallery – the longest preserved piece of the Wall with the “Brother Kiss” between Brezhnev and Honecker li>
- former headquarter of the GDR’s secret police li>
During the tour we will stop for a visit and short walk at the open-air Wall Documentation Center with an observation deck to overlook the former death strip. If you wish the tour may end at the GDR Museum near Alexanderplatz where you get an insight of the everyday-life in East Germany under the socialist regime. Changes, especially due to the traffic situation, reserved.