Half Day City Tour
Discover Berlin at its best and see all the highlights of the western and eastern city center! This comprehensive tour takes you not only to the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, the Television Tower and all the other famous sights, but also to the places where the city was once divided and where the Nazis planned their war. Our guides will give you an idea of what it feels like to live in this thriving city today and how life is changing for Berliners as the city grows together and has become the capital of reunited Germany. The tour includes at least two photo stops and short walks at places of interest.
- Private tour
- Comprehensive tour by coach or minivan
- Free hotel pickup
- Local guide
Date and time:
At your hotel or any other location in Berlin
English, German, other languages upon request
Prices (incl. all taxes):
Local guide only for a tour in your own coach:
€ 159 per guide
Tour with local guide in a minivan or coach:
prices per group
1 – 7 travelers in a minivan € 290
8 – 36 travelers in a coach € 490
37 travelers and more: please request offer
Offer and booking:
Book the tour online using the yellow “Book now” button on this page. For questions or to receive an individual offer with price and tour suggestion use the contact form on this page or simply call us at +49-30-220 11 88 89 (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time).
The tour can be customized according to your individual needs and your preferred meeting and ending point.
For up to 7 travelers the tour is in minivan with driver and guide. For larger groups modern coaches are used. If you arrive to Berlin in your own coach book the local guide only.
This tour covers all the major sights of Berlin within 3 hours. Delve into the Nazi past and the history of the city’s division and let us show you the famous shopping boulevards Kurfürstendamm and Unter den Linden. You will also get a feeling for the differences between the East and the West seeing residential quarters with a bustling street life on both sides of the former wall.
You will see
- the city center of former East Berlin with the TV Tower at Alexanderplatz
- St. Nicholas Quarter and St. Mary’s Church from Berlin’s beginnings in the 13th century
- the Red Town Hall, seat of Berlin’s mayor
- Museum Island, UNESCO World Cultural Heritage with 5 famous museums
- palaces and representative buildings from Prussian times on the boulevard Unter den Linden
- the site of the reconstruction of Berlin’s City Palace
- beautiful Gendarmenmarkt square flanked by two domes
- the in-scene and gallery district around Hackescher Markt
- “Topography of Terror”, documentation center at the site of former SS and Gestapo headquarters
- Checkpoint Charlie, hot spot of the Cold War and site of the tank confrontation in 1961
- Brandenburg Gate and Paris Square with the famous Hotel Adlon
- the Government Quarter with the Reichstag building
- the seat of the Federal President at Bellevue Castle
- the new Central Railway Station
- the site of the bunker where Hitler committed suicide
- Potsdamer Platz with its fascinating modern architecture
- Victory Column with its golden angel above the trees of Tiergarten park
- the famous boulevard Kurfürstendamm with luxury shops and fancy restaurants
- the ruins of Memorial Church
- Karl-Marx-Allee with representative socialist architecture from the 1950s
- the in-scene district Kreuzberg
- “East Side Gallery”, the longest remaining part of the wall
Please note that this is only a suggestion as you will be able to choose between other sights like the Wall Memorial at Bernauer Strasse, the former airport Tempelhof (site of the Berlin Air Bridge), Charlottenburg Castle or the Olympic Stadium to replace any of the sights mentioned above. The guide will perform the tour according to your wishes. Special requests, the places for photo stops as well as the drop off location can be agreed on during the tour with the guide
Changes, especially due to the traffic situation, reserved.
Pick up at airport or railway station
Though it is common to schedule a sightseeing tour for the day after arrival, you may also choose to be picked up by us upon your arrival at the airport or at the railway station. As you will be dropped of at your hotel at the end of the tour, this will spare you the hassle of finding your way through an unknown city and during the sightseeing tour you will get an inspiring first impression of Berlin. All our vehicles offer space for your luggage.
Currywurst – tasty and local!
If you get hungry on the road, don’t hesitate to stop and have a Currywurst – a special sausage from Berlin coming with a spicy sauce. There are numerous Currywurst stands in Berlin, but we will be pleased to recommend the best ones to you.