Berlin’s Art and Nightlife District
Through numerous small side streets and backyards, this guided tour leads you into the heart of the popular shopping, artists and trendy district around the Hackesche Höfe. Learn more about the history of this neighborhood, and discover with us many interesting and unusual galleries, boutiques and shops around the Hackesche Höfe. At the end of the tour you will find nice cafés and restaurants to relax afterwards.
- Private tour
- Local tour guide
- Trendy shopping district
- Most popular area for going out
Date and time:
City train station “Hackescher Markt”
English, German, other languages upon request
Prices (incl. all taxes):
Small groups of up to 9 travelers € 119 per group
Groups of 10 or more travelers € 12 per person
Groups of 20 or more travelers € 9 per person
Groups of 40 or more travelers: please request an offer
If you wish to be picked up in the lobby of your hotel, the tour lasts 30 minutes longer, the surcharge is € 3 per person (minimum € 30 in total) and tickets for public transportation are required.
Offer and Booking:
Book the tour online using the yellow „Book now“ button on this page. For questions or to receive an individual offer with price and tour suggestion use the contact form on this page or simply call us at +49-30-220 11 88 89 (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time). Cancellations and changes – including a change of the number of participants – are free of charge, provided that they are made not later than 48 hours before the start of the tour – payments already made will be reimbursed.
If there are more than 30 people, the group will be split and a second guide will be assigned at no extra charge. The tour can be customized according to your individual needs.
Our city tour begins at the Hackescher Markt (means market plac), attractive entree for the lively and trendy area around Hackesche Höfe – a building complex with backyards full with cafés, shops, restaurants and theatres. Due to its undamaged streets from the 18th century and its typical backyards, this area is considered by many to be the actual Old Town of Berlin. In the GDR era, abandoned to decay, discovered after the turn of young people, artists and the wild club scene, the neighborhood has long been one of the trendiest nightlife, galleries and hip fashion locations in the city. During our guided tour we will show you unusual galleries, crazy fashion shops, ballhouses and trendy cafes. Learn more about the formerly Jewish quarter, its decline and its brilliant new rise.
See, among other things:
- Hackescher Markt with restaurants and old tram line li>
- Hackesche Höfe – unique microcosm in eight backyards li>
- Haus Schwarzenberg – historic courtyard with a blind workshop and monster cabinet li>
- Rosenhöfe backyards in charming kitsch ambience li>
- Sophie-Gips-Höfe – art, culture and living in the former sewing machine factory li>
- Heckmannhöfe – idyllic backyard li>
- Sophienstrasse – old Berlin street with picturesque charm li>
- Auguststrasse – the street of the galleries li>
- Oranienburger Strasse with pubs and bars open at night li>
- Over 100 year old Ball House for dancing li>
- Sophia church with only original preserved Baroque church tower li>
- New Synagogue – centre of Jewish life li>
- former Jewish Girls School – today a place of restaurants, galleries and a Kennedy Museum li>