Half Day Tour to Potsdam
See the beautiful parks, castles and lakes of Potsdam on a tour that begins and ends in Berlin. In Potsdam you will experience why Frederick the Great preferred Potsdam to Berlin as his residential city, why Sanssouci Palace is called the “German Versailles” and where the Allied powers decided on Germany’s status after the end of World WarII. The lovely old town with the picturesque Dutch Quarter and the Russian-style village Alexandrovka are just two other highlights on this tour.
- Private tour
- Tour by coach or minivan
- Free pickup and drop-off at hotel in Berlin
- Upon request with interior visit of Sanssouci Palace
Date and time:
At your hotel or any other location in Berlin
English, German, other languages upon request
Prices (incl. all taxes):
Local guide only for a tour in your own coach:
€ 190 per guide
Tour with local guide in a minivan or coach:
prices per group
1 – 7 travelers in a minivan € 390
8 – 36 travelers in a coach € 690
37 travelers and more: please request offer
Offer and booking:
Book the tour online using the yellow “Book now” button on this page. For questions or to receive an individual offer with price and tour suggestion use the contact form on this page or simply call us at +49-30-220 11 88 89 (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time).
The tour can be customized according to your individual needs and your preferred meeting and ending point. Upon your request the tour may also last 1,5 hours at the same price.
For up to 7 travelers the tour is in minivan with driver and guide. For larger groups modern coaches are used. If you arrive to Berlin in your own coach book the local guide only.
On this tour you will see all the attractions that make Potsdam so special for visitors from all over the world. The beautiful palaces of Sanssouci are protected as UNESCO World Cultural Heritage as they show the grandeur and ambition of Prussian royals in the 18th and 19th centuries. Cecilienhof Palace was the location of the Potsdam Conference in 1945 that decided on Germany’s future. Potsdam’s old town features a Dutch quarter, a Russian village, a rebuilt city castle and even a Brandenburg Gate! On your way to Potsdam and back to Berlin you will see the beautiful lakes and parks surrounding Potsdam – and you will cross the Glienicke Bridge where the USA and the Soviet Union used to exchange spies during the Cold War.
The tour starts and ends in Berlin. You will see:
- Glienicke Palace with its famous golden lion statues at its entrance
- the Wannsee lake, the Berliners´ “bathtub” and exclusive residential area
- Glienicke Bridge, formerly divided by the Iron Curtain and used for the exchange of spies
- Sanssouci Palace, the retreat of the famous Prussian king Frederick the Great
- Cecilienhof Palace, a Tudor-style palace that hosted the Potsdam Conference
- Orangery Palace, built by Frederick William IV, the “Romantic king on the throne”
- the New Palace, a representative palace where Prussian kings accommodated their guests
- the Dragon House with a Chinese pagoda
- the well-preserved old town with just another Brandenburg Gate
- the Dutch Quarter – a unique ensemble of buildings in Dutch style
- the reconstructed Potsdam City Palace
- site of the former KGB prison
- the Russian village Alexandrovka
Photo stops and walks at Sanssouci Gardens and Cecilienhof Palace are also included in the tour.
Inside visit of Sanssouci Palace
If you wish to visit Sanssouci Palace inside please inform us at the time booking. We will by tickets in advance. The palace is closed on Mondays.
Inside visit of Cecilienhof Palace
If you wish to see Cecilienhof Palace inside and walk through the rooms where Stalin, Truman and Churchill held their disputes, this can be included in the tour. Cecilienhof Palace is closed on Mondays.